LAPP has introduced its Etherline Guard data monitoring device for data cables. This compact, easy-to-use unit lets users carry out maintenance measures on data cables according to their actual condition and performance — to avoid unexpected failures.
Although LAPP Etherline Industrial Ethernet (IE) cables are durable and long-lasting, they are subjected to repeated dynamic movements with high speeds and strong torsion that over time will require maintenance. Etherline Guard acquires sensor data about the physical properties of cables, so users can monitor actual cable performance and implement a preventative maintenance strategy. Planned downtimes increase plant and equipment availability and avoid unexpected failures, reducing maintenance costs and improving productivity. Etherline Guard’s features include:
- Real-time status display. Users can detect cable wear and plan the optimal replacement time in advance.
- Simple data analysis. LAPP’s patented preventative maintenance algorithms make it easy to detect irregularities in the analyzed data.
- Easy commissioning. Automated “teach-in” takes just a few minutes.
- Space-saving design. The unit measures 49 mm by 36 mm, with a 76.5-mm height.
- Easy to implement. Etherline Guard does not require a new data cable or changes to the cable design, and it allows upgrades within the existing network structure at any time.
- Reliable cloud communication. The MQTT interface enables status and data evaluation, settings, WiFi configuration and updates.
Etherline Guard is particularly recommended for 100BASE-TX (up to 100 Mbit/s) data cables in accordance with IEEE 802.3 as well as EtherCAT®, EtherNET/IP and 2-pair PROFINET applications. Two versions are available: cable-bound LAN version PM03T and wireless Wi-Fi version PM02TWA.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.