Offering a variety of industrial cable jacket types, the RJ45/RJ45 Ethernet portfolio from Balluff delivers increased durability for connectivity in manufacturing environments.
Balluff offers three main cable jackets:
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride) – the most common jacket type with high moisture resistance
- PUR (polyurethane) – good resistance against abrasion, oil and ozone
- TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) – highly flexible and resistant to aging in sunlight, UV and ozone
Additionally, the portfolio offers Ethernet in five different colors — red, orange, green, royal blue, and teal — to help maintenance and IT teams troubleshoot and diagnose network issues. The colored cables allow companies to create a reference for quick recognition of the connection type. For example, runs between managed and local unmanaged switches could use orange cables; teal cables could be used to connect field-level devices like sensors and I/O, while red cables could be used to connect robots in the work cell and the local switch.
With multiple colors and jacket materials, Balluff helps companies implement an Ethernet network to meet their reliable, real-time communication needs, while surviving the harsh conditions of an industrial environment.
Key features include:
- Versions available with 10 million flex cycles and drag chain compatibility
- Chemical-resistant and CMX outdoor rated versions available
- Gigabit and 10/100 speeds