LUTZE Inc., Charlotte, N.C., has launched a new addition to its comprehensive VFD and motor supply cable portfolio. The new Silflex M VFD cable features thermoset XLPE insulation type XHHW-2 for superior electrical performance and improved safety to any VFD application compared to power tray cables with PVC/nylon insulation.
Key design features include:
• Thermoset material that can withstand higher overload and short circuit temperatures
• Small cable ODs for easy installation
• High dielectric strength
• Low capacitance
• High impedance
• XLPE insulation is recommended by VFD manufacturers
• Meets Rockwell recommended cable designs for Type 1 installations
• Available with or without a twisted shielded control pair
LUTZE Silflex M VFD XLPE, shielded cable features a flexible, easy-to-strip PVC jacket. The cable is listed as UL Type Flexible VFD Servo for compliance with UL 508A, NFPA 79 and NEC requirements. The cable has been tested successfully in accordance to Oil Res I and II standards.
Classic four conductor design (A106 series) and servo design with shielded control pair (A107 series) are available from stock. Additionally, LUTZE offers cut to length service and low minimum order quantities with fast turnaround times for same day shipments.